Confession: We hosted a Rock Band 4 party last night so I missed the game. When I saw the score at the end of the of the second, I was hopeful so I forgot about it. Once the party was over and I saw the final... well, it was a fun party.
A new Islanders Anxiety will be on its way shortly.
Have a happy Sunday.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday with the above Cappy quote | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | The Cannon
- John Tortorella is a Jack Capuano fan. [Newsday]
- Arthur Staple’s Sunday column tackles the BIG concern: making John Tavares happy enough to stay forever.
- Believe it or not, Cal Clutterbuck’s recent extension may be a part of that, and his teammates are certainly happy he got paid. [Islanders | Video]
- Smart man Adam Gretz says, in a rational and logical way, that the Islanders will regret that deal. [PHT]
- The Sound Tigers beat Binghamton 4-3 in overtime last night on a Devon Toews goal. [CT Post | Soundin’ Off live blog]
- Michael Dal Colle is working on his game and learning a ton that will, we hope, get him to the NHL soon. [CT Post]
- A little late, but Mitchell Vande Sompel scored in Oshawa’s 5-2 win over North Bay on Friday. The Generals lost 4-1 to the Ottawa ‘67s last night.
- Another couple of goals for David Quenneville, but Medicine Hat’s losing skid continues. [Medicine Hat News]
- Hey, remember that Hofstra-Kentucky basketball game that was supposed to open the renovated Nassau Coliseum this weekend. Yeah, about that... [Newsday]
Other NHL News
- Last night’s NHL scores.
- The Avalanche had a very bad trip to Montreal, losing 10-1 to the Canadiens. Colorado was down 6-1 after the first, and much-maligned Max Pacioretty finished with four goals. [EOTP | Unhappy MHH]
- Winnipeg must have enjoyed the Islanders gameplan, because they basically did the same thing in a 6-2 loss to Calgary. [M&G]
- You might not know it, but outside of games against the Islanders, the Lightning are having a tough go of it this season. They also have an issue developing first rounders. [Raw Charge]
- Should the Blackhawks retire Steve Larmer's number? Steve Larmer doesn't think so. [SCH]
- RIP former Flyers coach Bill Dineen, the head of a legendary hockey family. [Flyers]
- That Radko Gudas is always trying to find new and innovate ways to hurt people. His latest move is a headbutt to an opponent's crotch. [Deadspin feat. SBN's own Pat Iversen]