Okay, sure, the Canucks have now lost a million games in a row and for parts of the first two periods, the Islanders made them look like a competent team. But the third was really good and the Islanders got a much-needed two points before hitting the road for FLA. Let’s all take a breath.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | a very despondent Nucks Misconduct.
- Last night was Cal Clutterbuck bobblehead night, but hockey's fight against cancer will always be on his mind, mainly because of his mom. Seriously, read this. [NHL.com]
- November is Movember for everyone but only Cal lives the mustached lifestyle all year long. [NHL.com]
- Thanks to six time gold medal gymnast Aly Raisman for bringing some Olympic glory to the game last night. She even took over the team's Twitter account for an intermission. [NHL.com]
Adam Pelech is a year older and more ready for his latest call-up (oh, and Travis Hamonic is officially on the IR with a broken thumb). [Newsday | NY Post]
- Shannon Hogan blogs about the team's early season frustrations. [MSG Network]
- Is it too early to ask if the Islanders are doomed? (they're probably not. but they're gonna need to make some changes to make sure). [LHH]
- How many of John Tavares' 499 career linemates can you name? [Mostly Zeitgeist]
- Parker Wotherspoon is ready to represent the WHL against Russia. [Tri-City Herald]
- The Islanders are bringing floorball to even more schools this season. [Islanders]
- Strike up the band! The Jets have re-signed Jacob Trouba to a pretty cheap bridge deal to finally get him back on the ice. [AIH rejoices]
- Nazem Kadri might have skated away from supplemental discipline for his hit on Daniel Sedin, but Bob McKenzie says it's the rule book that's wrong, not the Department of Player Safety. [TSN.ca]
- PPP pits its spreadsheets against Mike Babcock and his head.
- John Tortorella is a fascinating man that will fight for his players and run from personal questions. [Sportsnet]
- All About The Jersey's Metro snapshot has a lot going on.