Last night sucked. The new Trolls movie doesn’t, apparently. Marvel’s latest chess piece Doctor Strange is also out now. He's a personal favorite of mine, so I'm looking forward to it.
- Recaps of a lucky point and disappointing loss: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | BSH
- This chemistry experiment is taking too long. [Newsday]
- Sound Tigers stuff: Ross Johnston's game is improving a little more every day. [CT Post] | Matt Finn and Kyle Schempp were assigned to Missouri to get some PT in. [BST | Soundin' Off]
- So long, "Gloriously Unsponsored." Welcome to "Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum Presented By New York Community Bank." [Newsday]
- NEW! Puckjunk.com dusts off the old Ralph Macchio Islanders celebrity captain trading card in advance of the actor's upcoming bobblehead night.
- At least they're having fun playing NHL 17.
- Buffalo's injury parade now includes Zach Bogosian, who has a sprained MCL and will miss a few weeks. [DBTD]
- Senators fans don't understand the team's handling of prospect Thomas Chabot. [SSS]
- A real interesting look at how NHL teams have their money distributed among forwards, defense and goalies. The Islanders are about average. [Dobber Hockey]
- The leaked Blues' Winter Classic jerseys are sharp and sufficiently classic. [St. Louis Game Time]
- This is a couple of days old, but it's a super interesting conversation between SI's Richard Deitsch and Elliotte Friedman about the Sportsnet insider's process, how his 30 Thoughts column comes together and the range of emotions he felt during his viral gaff at the Rio Olympics. [Sound Cloud]
- Goon 2 has wrapped and will be released in Canadian theaters on March 17th. [Sportsnet]
- The Penguins have managed to have a fantasy football league without the aid of Brian Strait. Incredible. [Pens]
- Not hockey: WTF is a Rumble Pony? [Newsday]