Okay, so that wasn’t a confidence-building win. But you might still want to enjoy the peace for a moment before Wednesday’s "Rivalry Night" showdown with the Penguins on NBCSN. Chances are we’ll all be right back in the suck by then.
In the meantime...
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday| NY Post | Islanders| NHL.com | NYI Skinny | M&G
- This whole Ryan Strome thing continues to confound. He needs help. [Newsday | Islanders Insight]
- Hockeybuzz talks to Joshua Ho-Sang and Michael Dal Colle about life down in the AHL and their successful starts.
- Eamon McAdam is getting into a groove for the Sound Tigers. [CT Post]
- BTW: Bridgeport plays Albany tonight at 7 on a rare weeknight game. You might wanna go if you can because starting next year, Sound Tigers games are going to be more expensive. [CT Post]
- David Quenneville is focusing more on scoring rather than celebrating and he's doing good things. [Medicine Hat News]
- Yesterday was a momentous day in Islanders history: the anniversary of Billy Smith becoming the first goalie to score a goal. Third String Goalie is all over it.
- Lots, lots more on Gerard Gallant getting the ax from the Panthers. TSN on what's next. | Friedman on why the split. | Uncle Bob on the Panthers' way of thinking | Yost on the numbers under Turk being not so good | Bryan from Canes Country was on the scene when the firing went down and it was kinda wild. Read it.
- Oh god. The Army is looking into the Golden Knights and whether they can use that name. Guys, we get it. You're the Black Knights, they're the Golden Knights yada yada yada. But there's a whole can of worms you're about to open if you continue with this. Stand down. [Puck Daddy]
- WIIM on what is "Grit," starring Steve Ott, a guy so gritty he can strip paint off walls with just a touch.
- Sushi is meant to be eaten cold. But not this cold. [Puck Daddy]