Sorry to interrupt your Islanders-free Sunday, but here are some links worth reading. And another reminder that the BIG SALE on Lighthouse Hockey stuff at Gameday Depot is still going on today and tomorrow. So go forth and buy. Think of us and Al Arbour.
Look out for a newAnxiety possibly as early as this evening. Should be an uplifting experience.
Oh, and-Patriots is on at 4:25 if, you know, you’re interested.
- Take a stroll, if you will, down the Hall of Horrors! Five losses that have combined to crush the Islanders hopes and spirits. [Newsday]
- The Sound Tigers lost 1-0 to Wilkes-Barre last night, snapping their four game winning streak [CT Post]. Goalie Stephon Williams just can't catch a break these days. [Soundin' Off]
- No, Devon Toews isn't related to Jonathan. But he's coming along as a prospect and has been through some tough times in his personal life. Nice story by Sound Tigers play-by-play voice Alan Fuehring. [theahl.com]
- Mathew Barzal had three assists in Seattle's win over Tri-City on Friday. Parker Wotherspoon had one assist for the Americans. [CBS Seattle]
- Across the country, Mitchell Vande Sompel had a three assist game of his own as Oshawa beat Flint. [Durham Region]
- Last night's NHL scores.
- New Ranger Matt Puempel threw some shade at the Senators coaches on his way out the door in Ottawa, but Guy Boucher isn't playing. [TSN.ca]
- Brooksie wants to watch an expansion draft, dammit (and so do I). [NY Post]
- Relax Flyers fans, Andrew MacDonald is very much eligible to be taken by the Golden Knights. [BSH]
- A-Mac is a former veteran of ECHL, which grew from very humble beginnings to develop hundreds of NHLers. [NHL.com]
- Princeton's Kelsey Koelzer, the first overall pick by the Riveters this summer, is a role model in more than one way. [NY Times]