I know the last thing anyone wants to do right now is cover themselves in Islanders-related paraphernalia, but please don’t forget the weekend sale going on at Gameday Depot for all of our Lighthouse Hockey apparel.
If you were thinking about buying a shirt for yourself or someone else, do it now. And think of the donations. Thank you.
Now, on to the "news:"
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday on a "hellish" game in San Jose | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | FTF
- So Ryan Strome was scratched. Again. Because his scoring has dried up. Again. The kid needs help. [Newsday]
- Arthur Staple did an impromptu airport Q&A late last night. You can read the inquiries and his responses here. Thanks as always to Art for doing these. They do make us feel a little better (I think).
- The Islanders and their significant others and all of their many, many canine friends still love Long Island. [NY Times]
- Speaking of pets, you can order the Islanders Pucks and Paws calendar here.
- Bridgeport beat Wilkes-Barre Scranton last night and have won four straight. [CT Post | Soundin' Off on hard workin' Sound Tigers]
- Prospect Collin Adams has been named to the U.S. Junior team for the World Junior-A Challenge coming up in Alberta. [Freep]
- Some teams can overcome not being in a playoff position at Thanksgiving. The Panthers think they can. [Miami Herald]
- Every team has bad contracts and Down Goes Brown neatly categorizes them all. [Sportsnet]
- Big defenseman Matt Carle, most recently of the Predators but previous with Philly and Tampa, has retired. [Tennessean]