- Recaps: LHH | Newsday with a mention of an apoplectic Bob Murray | NHL.com | Islanders | NYI Skinny
- Puck Daddy on Thomas Hickey's CONTROVERSIAL shootout goal that everyone here feels not one ounce of guilt about. [SBN, too]
- Hey, who was that in goal for the Islanders last night? Oh, right, that German guy. [Newsday]
- This may come as a great shock to you but the Islanders have been bad this season. Arthur Staple has the numbers for those who can stomach them.
- The Point Blank podcast has no confidence in Garth Snow's votes of confidence.
- TSN radio guys think John Tavares will leave that piece of shit team he's stuck with right now and sign somewhere else next summer. If you can make it past the first 20 seconds, you're a stronger person than I am.
- Shannon Hogan blogs about the Islanders community outreach efforts which, really, are very cool. [MSG Networks]
- Michael Fornabaio has some Sound Tigers notes and an LHH shoutout! Nice!
- Looks like Stephen Gionta might be back for Bridgeport soon. Don't take this the wrong way, Steve, but we hope that's the only place you return to. [CT Post]
- Another group of people that are happy Mathew Barzal and Dylan Strome are back in junior is Team Canada. [Nat'l Post]
- The NHL's 31st team is... the Vegas Golden Knights. Yup. We'll have a little more about them in relation to the Islanders later, but you can relive their unveiling here. [SBN | SBN fun with their helmet logo]
- Brent Burns signs an eight-year extension with the Sharks for about $8 million a year. That's a lot of new suits for one of the NHL's premier clothes horses. [FTF]
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts has lots of stuff about the Olympics, the Finnish league and lots of other random topics.
- The Detroit Pistons are on the move to... Detroit, to shack up with the Red Wings at the Pizza Box. [WIIM | Deadspin on how the taxpayers get screwed again
- Real, honest-to-god forward depth is something only a few teams have. [TSN.ca]
- Did the Flames make the right move in firing Bob Hartley? Yes, but that doesn't let new coach Glen Gulutzan off the hook (also, if you think Hartley is a good fit for the Islanders, think again). [Flames Nation]
- The World Cup payouts are revealed in case you care. [The Hockey News]
- Oh good: Anze Kopitar might be back in the lineup for the Kings tonight. [LA Times]
Jean-Francois Berube talks about his cool new mask. Maybe the first time it'll see game action will be the 2017 All Star Game, in which he will be voted in as a starter.