Don’t click these links. In fact, log off right now and go do something else. Focus on work or school today. Or better still, take the day off. If you’re near New York City, go see the new documentary Ice Guardians, playing at the AMC 34th Street. There are three showings today.
Islanders stuff if you care
- Recaps of a raging garbage fire on national television: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Raw Charge
- Prior to the game, Elliotte Friedman talked about the Islanders in his weekly 30 Thoughts. As per his usual reporting, the info is nuanced and fair. Their next scheduled appearance in the column will probably be in March. The full article also includes a lot about the Habs' search for a defenseman and other NHL news.
- Video: On TSN's Insider Trading, Darren Dreger reports that NHL ice guru Dan Craig will be at Barclays Center this week to check out the ice conditions. Interestingly, Dreger also says that Craig will be back in Edmonton soon to check out the similarly bad ice in the brand new Rogers Place, too.
- Actually, if you're gonna read one thing, make it this SI.com interview with Brock Nelson, who wants to make an Olympic team to carry on his family's legacy. Nice to see an Islander get one of these Alex Prewitt specials.
- Johnny Boychuk meets a young fan on Hockey Fights Cancer day:
- Eric Boulton has reported to Bridgeport and the Sound Tigers roster is getting a little crowded. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- Programming note: This morning at 11 am, the Sound Tigers will host the Albany Devils in a game specifically for school groups.
- The Islanders' prospect report focuses on scoring defensemen David Quenneville and Parker Wotherspoon and KHL goalie Ilya Sorokin, whose numbers continue to be ridiculous.
- All About the Jersey's Metro Snapshot is already a couple of days old but it's always an informative read.
- After a brief Frk'in waiver trip from Detroit to Carolina, winger Martin Frk is back with the Frk'in Red Wings. Un-Frk'in-believable. [WIIM]
- Okay, seriously, what is wrong with the Predators? [TSN.ca]
- Wait. Could Brent Burns actually not re-sign with the Sharks? That would be weird. [Puck Daddy]
- Mike Babcock calls Matt Martin a "real good leader" who's keeping his kid Leafs from getting face-washed. [National Post]
- Catch up with Team USA at the Four Nations Cup, which started in Finland yesterday. [Ice Garden]
Congrats to Bryan Trottier on his induction to Canada's Sports Hall of Fame, along with curler Colleen Jones, CFL legend Pinball Clemons and others. Not sure what the hold up was (I mean, he's been BRYAN TROTTIER for a long time now), but it's an honor nonetheless.