Straight off a 20-minute effort in an OT home loss to the Penguins, the Islanders now head to California where they can either bury their season once and for all or give us false hope starting Tuesday night in Anaheim. At least the weather will be nice.
- Recaps: LHH | Staple on the continuing misery | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Pensburgh
- Anthony Beauvillier gets a big article on Islanders.com, then scores a highlight reel goal. Coincidence? Probably.
- The Post's notes column has bits on Jaroslav Halak, Beauvillier ad Ryan Strome talking about outside pressure.
- Before the game, Garth Snow once again backed his coaching staff and players in a short media address. In other words, it's all just business as usual. [Newsday | NHL.com]
- Lots of people are asking who is at fault for the Islanders troubles. I am one of those people. Just don't expect an answer. [LHH]
- Video: ABC 7 and Newsday show the Islanders' skating with visually-impaired kids of New York Institute of Special Education and Third Eye Insight.
- MSG Network has video from the Pucks and Paws calendar event at the Empire State Building.
- And in their final community event this week, the players took part in School Day across the Island. Ryan Puck and Anders Lee even did the Mannequin Challenge that's going around now. Insert your own joke about being mannequins in the defensive zone here. [Islanders]
- Bridgeport played a good game but couldn't overcome two quick second period goals in a 4-3 loss at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. [CT Post | Soundin Off Post-Game]
- Sound Tigers defenseman Jesse Graham is back from a stint in the ECHL and ready to contribute. [CT Post]
- Quite a game for Columbus' Matt Calvert against the Rangers last night. He blocked a shot with his head, bled all over the damn place, then came back to score the game-winning goal. That's some Eddie Shore shit. [SBN]
- Big trouble out of the NWHL: the league will be cutting player salaries due to a money crunch. [SBN | Puck Daddy on commissioner Dani Rylan's conference call | The Ice Garden on how the players will be affected]
- The Canucks might be looking at acquiring Evander Kane from the Sabres. The Canucks should not do that. [The Province]
- Matt Martin's having a rough time with the Leafs. [Leafs Nation]
- Did the Minnesota Wild target Johnny Gaudreau's hands, causing his injury? SBN investigates. Brad Treliving sure as hell thinks so. [Calgary Sun]
- Flames goalie coach Jordan Singalet offers words of encouragement to Carolina's Bryan Bickell, from on MS sufferer to another. [Canes Country]
- Is a pizza-based marriage proposal romantic? Ask Erik Karlsson. [NHL.com]