I was there. Willhoft sat right next to me. It was even worse live than it probably looked on TV. By the end of the game, I wanted to fire myself.
I'll be on the Islanders Point Blank podcast this afternoon and will be recording Islanders Anxiety later tonight. I'm sure many topics will be covered. None of them good.
- Recaps of a dead team walking: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Raw Charge
- Travis Hamonic was back with 8/10ths of this thumb working. [Newsday]
- Last night was Military Appreciation Night. For real, the men and women of the Armed Services in attendance deserved better. [Islanders]
- Khan Noonian Singh says it's time to strand Jack Capuano in a deserted planet to create his own society. [Fan Post]
- A personal blog from Shannon Hogan about why she switched from covering news to the sports world. I sympathize with what she went through. [MSG Networks]
- Video: You can watch Bryan Trottier's Canada Sports Hall of Fame speech here. [Sportsnet]
- Soundin' Off has some Sound Tigers notes.
Beyond the wreckage
- If you're wondering why Garth Snow hasn't fired everyone yet (or hasn't been fired himself), it's probably got something to do with the GMs meeting going on today in Toronto. [NHL.com]
- Congrats to the Coyotes on getting a new, new arena in Tempe. The location is way better than Glendale (or so we hear). Of course, with all things arena (and all things Coyotes), there are still hurdles to clear. [SBN | FFH | NHL.com]
- Sergei Makarov is a Hall of Famer now, but he was once the catalyst for changing how the NHL viewed rookies. [Puck Daddy]
- Congrats to Brett Lindros on making it to the Hockey Hall of Fame (ceremony during his brother Eric's induction speech)! [Bar Down]
- Aside from the legendary-beyond-legendary Teemu Selanne, who's looking like a HHoF inductee next season? [SBN]
- The NHL will decided on whether to participate in the 2018 Winter Olympics in January. [NHL.com]
- Remember Drake Berehowsky? Played D for the Leafs and Penguins for a while? Well, he's coaching the Orlando Solar Bears now. [PPP]
- The Oilers got a fancy, schamcy new downtown arena and suddenly they're lecturing the Senators about where they need to put a new barn up. Nobody likes a know-it-all, guys. [Ottawa Citizen]
- Check out the Kickstarter for BARN, a magazine that celebrates the wonder and history or hockey.
Be careful out there.