We're also the only NHL game of the night, so the entire hockey world's eyes will be glued to this game. For however long they can bear it.
Islanders Scribblings and Connections
- The Islanders, who are already missing Ryan Pulock and Travis Hamonic for at least a few more weeks, will likely now lose Dennis Seidenberg to a broken jaw suffered blocking a shot (sound familiar?) during Saturday's loss to Florida. The Isles will likely call up and play Scott Mayfield. [Artie Stape | LHH]
- Mathew Barzal was returned to juniors last week (sad face) but his junior teammates on the Seattle Thunderbirds were certainly happy to have him back - they beat the Vancouver Giants 5-3, with Barzal getting an assist (and playing a full game). He also bought his teammates a special treat to celebrate.
- VIDEO: Brendan Burke returns in his latest installment of Beyond the Booth, and has some good anecdotes about preparing for games, as well as how he gained interest in broadcasting. He's a good dude.
Clippings from Around the Hockeysphere
- Last night's NHL scores.
- All About the Jersey (In Lou We Trust) is here with their Weekly Metro Snapshot.
- Eric Lindros refused to be a Quebec Nordique - here's Part 1 in a series of how the Lindros trade changed the NHL. [NHL.com]
- The New York Riveters finally found their way into the win column, beating the Buffalo Beauts 3-2 in Buffalo after overcoming a 2-1 deficit. [The Ice Garden]
- Folks, anything is possible. Like a Zamboni breaking down on ice and suspending a game between Notre Dame and Northeastern. You can accomplish anything you set your goals to.
- All your Movember dreams and desires can be fulfilled here.
- Members of the Flyers attended a Philadelphia Eagles tailgate and did the Mannequin Challenge with fans. The article will explain what the Mannequin Challenge is (damn Millennials!). [Broad Street Hockey]
The last couple outings against the Lightning have been... shitty. So I'll let Dan take you home with this slightly optimistic nugget:
The Islanders play Tampa at home Monday, then are off until Friday's game versus Pittsburgh. Perfect time to make a coaching change.— Dan Saraceni (@cultureoflosing) November 13, 2016