- Penalty killing is killing the Islanders. [Newsday]
- Mathew Barzal talks about his short time with the Islanders upon his return to Seattle. He didn't play last night, but should be in the Thunderbirds lineup soon. [My Northwest]
- So, yeah, Joshua Ho-Sang was a healthy scratch for the Sound Tigers last night because Brent Thompson wants him to simplify his game. It's probably not as a big a deal as it sounds (and I wouldn't have even written anything if I didn't think it would be a topic of conversation anyway), but it's just another confusing, conflicting speed bump during this season.
- Bridgeport won, by the way, in a shootout. [BST | CT Post | Soundin' Off Post Game]
- Brian at IPB makes a simple and sympathetic case that Jack Capuano should be let go.
- While The Score says the Islanders need an infusion of youth.
- The Hockey PDOcast talked about the Islanders with guest analyst Mike Johnson and just basically wondered what the hell is going on. Join the club.
- Like their parent club, the Sound Tigers also find themselves dealing with a lot of penalties, although their PK has been okay so far. [CT Post]
- Help former Islanders captain Michael Peca raise funds for cancer research. [11 Day Power Play]
- Is the band Soilwork big? Sincere question. I get the sense that they are kinda big. Anyway, they're going to appear at Monday's game at Barclays Center for interviews, videos and other fun stuff. So if you're a fan, go. [Metal Underground]
- Barclays is also hosting Sports Illustrated's Sportsperson of the year event, which is kinda funny. [SI.com]
- Oof. This is not how you want to lose a game in OT. Winnipeg's Nikolaj Elhers tried to pass the puck out of danger and ended up scoring on his own goalie. [NHL.com]
- Best of luck to Carolina's Bryan Bickell, who has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. [Canes Country]
- John LeClair talks about his former Legion of Doom linemate Eric Lindros being inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. [NHL.com]
- There's a behind-the-scenes show about the Maple Leafs (because of course there is), and this week's episode focuses on Matt Martin, who says he got used to winning while playing for the Islanders. Okay. [PPP]
- It's very possible that the NHL skips the next Winter Olympics. [CBC.ca]
- Eric Nystrom hasn't officially retired, but is prepping for a life off the ice. [Tennesseean]
- Got questions about goaltending, hockey or your place in the universe? Ask Bryz at The Players Tribune.