Remember, never stand under a tree or next to an Islander during a Lightning storm.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Raw Charge
- The Lightning weren't looking for revenge for (still) fallen teammate Jonathan Drouin last night. Considering how they play with the Islanders like my cat plays with a pen she's knocked off the coffee table, they didn't need to. [Newsday]
- But this is just funny:
Talked to a couple Lightning players and asked about the Barclays Center ice. "It's 10 times better than ours." #Isles— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) November 10, 2016
- If you haven't read it yet (or you want to only read one of these links), please see Brendan Burke's article on Mathew Barzal's return to the WHL and what he's learned about young players getting a small taste of the NHL during his time covering hockey.
- The answer to this is yes, for now anyway. [IPB]
- The Islanders chose not to bring any extra defensemen with them to Florida, so the Sound Tigers remain more or less unchanged... [Soundin' Off]
- ...except for goalie Josh Robinson, who won 21 straight decisions in the ECHL last season and was named the league's goalie of the year. He's in Bridgeport on a PTO while Christopher Gibson is banged up. Good because the Islanders could use a few more goalies. [CT Post]
- Next Friday's game at Barclays Center versus the Penguins will also be the evening of the Islanders annual food drive. Three items gets you a ticket to the Nov. 28th game against Calgary. Please give.
A little more
- Last night's NHL scores.
- This save by Carey Price is just stupid. [EOTP]
- To make it to the NHL, former Islanders goalie coach Sudsy Maharaj, now with the Ducks, had to battle racism and violence. [Sportsnet]
- Speaking of goalies, the Flyers' duo hasn't been the saving grace they were last season. [TSN.ca]
- A collection of advanced graphs for the first four weeks of the season. You might not want to look, though. [Hockey-Graphs]
- Yes, it's true: St. Louis Blues legend Wayne Gretzky will play in the alumni game at the Winter Classic. [NHL.com]
You're not gonna score an empty net goal if Ryan Miller has anything to say about it. Too bad about two minutes before this, Miller also allowed the unthinkable: a goal to Steve Ott that WIIM expertly breaks down.