Good morning folks. The Islanders, two days removed from a crucial but not necessarily impressive win against the mightily struggling Canucks, look to exact revenge for last week's 6-1 trouncing at the hands of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Leave your FIGs right in that there link. Puck drop is at 7:30 (ooooooh so exotic). Let's get down to business, shall we?
- As previously stated, the Isles play the Bolts this evening. Jack Capuano is looking for more discipline. I'm looking for more shot attempts. Now we're just talking out loud. [Newsday]
- Mathew Barzal has been returned to the Seattle Thunderbirds of the WHL. We hardly knew ye, bud. Come back soon, angrier than ever. [Isles | LHH]
- Arthur Staple takes on ten of his readers' questions once again during this week's #StapeChat. [Staple | LHH recap]
- Martin Passante discusses the large proportion of offense coming from the defense, which may be deceiving. [LHH]
- Isles defense prospect and 2015 4th round pick Parker Wotherspoon, whom we last remember was the youngest player to ever suit up for Bridgeport, is representing the WHL at the CBC Canada-Russia Series amongst the juniors. They attached a helmet cam to his head, and it's pretty damn cool.
- Isles dynasty backup Rollie Melanson has been working with Canucks goalies since 2011, and recently started working with their AHL affiliate in Utica (where Brendan Burke worked before coming here).
NHL News and Notes
- The lights went out in Toronto, but that can't stop Mike Babcock from making his players practice. [PPP]
- The handling and ultimate shuffling away of Dylan McIlrath leaves many Rangers fans feeling puzzled. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Chronic Cam Ward Syndrome seems to be affecting the Hurricanes this season. Or, like every season since 2011ish? I don't know.