After three wins in as many days, the Islanders players get some time off and the brass gets to decide who gets to stay and who gets a pat on the back and either a bus or plane ticket to someplace else. It's time to choose... wisely.
It’s also the start of New York ComicCon today so maybe we’ll see some players hitting the Javits Center dressed as Suicide Squad or something.
- Jenny's first official article is both a recap of last night's 3-2 win over the Devils and rundown of the chances each of the four rookie forwards has to stick with the team. So, yeah, a nice light topic to start with.
- Meanwhile, one old man coasts along by making lazy jokes about bad movies and a shirt on TV. [LHH]
- The Islanders recap has some fun Joshua Ho-Sang quotes. And All About The Jersey's recap laments the Devils parade to the penalty box.
- Boy, that Anthony Beauvillier sure is something. Could he still be with the team when the season starts next week? [Newsday]
- Before the game, Arthur Staple gave us some intel as to what the team might be thinking about a number of topics. [Newsday]
- The Islanders announced a partnership with WFAN to broadcast 30 games this season. The Sports Pope could not be reached for comment. [LHH | Newsday]
- This just in: John Tavares is good. [LHH | Islanders]
- NHL.com previews the Islanders season and asks five burning questions.
- The Sound Tigers scored three goals in the first period en route to a 4-1 preseason win over Hartford last night. [BST]
- Eamon McAdam is looking to establish himself at Bridgeport. [CT Post]
- The Missouri Mavericks are set to open their second training camp as the Islanders' ECHL affiliate. Currently, their coach is in New York with the parent club. [Chillicothe News]
- A 10-year-old blogger (yup) interviews Islanders statistician Eric Hornick and asks way better questions than I ever would. [Carter Hud]
- HUGE NEWS: Yesterday, SB Nation unveiled its brand new women's hockey blog - The Ice Garden. Read it, follow it on social media and get on board with growing the game. Tons of great content there already.
- The Oilers named Connor McDavid captain because why not. [C&B]
- Sportsnet ranks the top 20 left wingers in the NHL and some of the answers might surprise youWow Filip Forsberg.
- NHL Numbers has lots of charts and stuff for the Metro teams.
- And ESPN has some fantasy sleepers in the Metro Division.
- One of those sleepers might end up being Flyers defensive prospect Ivan Provorov. [CSN Philly]
- Speaking of Flyers defensemen, Andrew MacDonald is still there. For now. [Courier-Post]
- Meanwhile in Arizona, Jacob Chychrun talks with Five For Howling about being ready for the NHL.