Second straight Monday that was preceded by an Islanders win - this week better be good dammit!
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | NY Post | PPP
- As you may be aware, Allan Walsh, agent for both Jaroslav Halak and J.F. Berube, put Garth Snow on Twitter blast regarding the 3-headed goalie monster, and Snow immediately made Halak available. It hasn't been going well. [Newsday|NYDN]
- Jack Capuano doesn't let the goalie controversy affect his mindset going into the future. [NHL.com]
- So, we've waived P.A. Parenteau and are looking to move Halak in order to protect him - J.F. Berube must be good right? Hey, where'd everyone go? [LHH]
- Mike takes a look at where we all stand after a couple weeks of hockey in this week's LHH power rankings - we're okay!
- It wouldn't be a game against a Canadian opponent without one of these: The Toronto Star's Kevin McGran (less hacky than some of the other guys in Toronto, but still hacky) reminds Canadians that Brooklyn isn't Long Island. Thanks for the geography lesson Kev!
- Shane Prince Is Awesome Part IX: He has created a beach hockey tournament to honor his late friend, and the championship trophy is named for his friend. No, you're crying into your coffee, I'm fine. [Puck Daddy]
From the Wide World of Hockey
- Scores from a surprisingly busy Sunday in the NHL.
- Keep the Andersons in your thoughts, folks: Nicholle, wife of Craig Anderson (of the Senators), has been diagnosed with cancer.
- The Edmonton Oilers finally appear to have turned the corner - but will it last? [Sportsnet VIDEO WARNING]
- The NHL won't be changing its voting policy for the All-Star Game, finally recognizing that when fans are into something, that it's probably a good thing.