Happy Saturday. Enjoy whatever Halloween festivities you attend.
- So far, the defense is bringing the offense, which is both good and bad. [Newsday]
- Leboff talked to John Tavares (no, seriously) and found a man who knows how Islanders fans think.
- This video of Islanders fans in Pittsburgh on Wednesday will (might?) make you smile.
- Get a special edition hat and donate to charity by buying tickets to the Islanders-Oilers game on Nov. 3rd. [Love Your Melon]
- The Sound Tigers beat Springfield 5-1 last night. Christopher Gibson had a good night in goal, and Michael Dal Colle and Josh Ho-Sang hooked up for another goal. [CT Post | Post-game details]
- Parker Wotherspoon was selected for the Team WHL in the CBIC Canada-Russia series [Ams]. He was also named one of the team's alternate captains [Our Sports Central]. Nice work.
- Last night's NHL scores.
- Devils signee Yohann Auvitu has a fun name that you'll be hearing a lot more of in the future. [TSN.ca]
- The Oilers get the New York Times treatment. Must mean they're for real (and 7-1 now).
- Las Vegas will have a window to sign free agents prior to the expansion draft, according to Pierre Lebrun.
- The Coyotes arena situation is like a zombie that won't stop rising up out of the ground to terrorize everyone. [FFH]
- Wait. Did Coyotes goalie Louis Domingue steal a logo from SB Nation Arizona?
- The story of 44-year old Lester Patrick tending goal for the Rangers in the Cup Final never gets old. [The Maven]
- A must-read about Brendan Shanahan's dedication to Alzheimer's research in honor of his late father. [SI.com]
Want to see Ice Guardians? If you're in NYC, you have a chance this week.