Just like you, the Islanders’ middle of the week dragged on interminably and left them generally disappointed. But the weekend is here. Thank god.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Pensburgh
- Arthur Staple's notes include an update on Mathew Barzal and, maybe, a future J-F Berube appearance.
- Staple's mail bag includes answers to many burning questions. [Newsday]
- Sportsnet Video (although a day late): Both the Habs and the Islanders are trying to capture an iota of that dynasty feeling. After going to 7-0-1 after last night's win over Tampa, the Habs are just a smidge closer than the Islanders are.
- Twins Connor and Kellen Jones are playing on the same team again, just like they want it. [CT Post]
- On Wednesday, the Missouri Mavericks dropped another road game despite a strong effort by Eamon McAdam. [Examiner]
- Yes, Frans Nielsen checks in on the Islanders scores to see how his old friends are doing. [Detroit News]
- Hampus Lindholm finally signs in Anaheim for a super team-friendly deal. It's so friendly to the Ducks, they might not have to trade anyone. [Puck Daddy]
- The Rangers put odd-defenseman-out Dylan McIlrath on waivers and the 2010 first rounder is sad. [NY Post]
- Surprise! The Canucks aren't actually good. [TSN.ca]
- But goal scoring is up in general and it might not be a temporary thing. [Sportsnet]
- Is professional team muckety-muck Tim Leiweke going to renovate Seattle's Key Arena? [Seattle Times]
- To be an elite OHL player, you need something besides talent and drive, specifically wealthy parents. [The Spec]
- See? I told you something was weird about that SPHL team releasing both Shannon Szabados and that other goalie. The team's coach sounds like a real pip. This looks very bad. [CBC.ca]
- Next time you get thrown out of a face-off circle, keep your smart attitude to yourself, Ryan Johansen. [The Hockey News]
- Doesn't paper cover rock? Nah, rock flies right through paper. So what beats rock? Nothing beats rock. [SBN]
- Let's check in on how our old pal Andrew MacDonald is doing in Philadelphia... Oh. that's... that's not a good sign.