The Canadiens beat the Islanders last night on a blast from the point off of Shea Weber's stick, a blast that nearly decapitated Travis Hamonic. If we're being honest, the score looked a lot closer than most of the game did. Thank goodness Beau is okay, though.
Tonight, they get a chance to redeem themselves. Against the defending Stanley Cup champions. Who also recently welcomed back Sidney Crosby from a concussion. Perfect! In other words, folks, have vodka handy. Perhaps find one that pairs well with FIGs, which go here.
If the last back-to-back was any indication, the Isles won't be practicing today, and Capuano will announce his lineup decisions around 4:00-5:00 this afternoon.
- Recaps: LHH / Newsday / NY Post / NY Daily News / Islanders / NHL.com / NYI Skinny / HEOTP
- Mathew Barzal finally got back into a game, for the injured Nikolay Kulemin (day-to-day). [Newsday]
- Also, from the Barzal link: the Isles have had two back-to-backs, and both times have started Greiss in the first game, with Berube backing up, while Halak travels to be in the location of the next day's game (in this case, he's already in Pittsburgh). I mean, if you're going to have three goalies on the roster, then that's making good use of them, I guess. Still seems silly to waste a roster spot on that, though.
- Sportsnet takes a look at some of the players who have cashed in after having played with him.
- ICYMI - LHH has recently developed a line of sexy costumes related to hockey, just in time for Halloween. [LHH Zeitgeist]
- Shannon Hogan spoke with the parents of Ryan and Dylan Strome at some point while they were here for the game against the Coyotes. Nice look at how the new Sutter family got its start (can't think of any three-brother NHL trios off the top of my head, SUE ME!). [MSG - Hogan's Highlights]
Around the Hockeysphere
- Other scores from last night's games.
- Turns Evgeni Malkin's name isn't misspelled on the Cup after all. But I feel like this happens very often. You'd think the Cup engravers would be able to pull up a team roster on their phone in a matter of minutes, right? [Mothership]
- It was Brent Burns who convinced Joe Thornton to join him in growing their Lifestyle Beards. [Fear the Fin]
- The development of a new arena in Seattle appears to have hit somewhat of a snag. I wonder what that's like. [PHT]
- Mike Babcock simultaneously shit (shat?) all over Ken Campbell and Don Cherry. My hero. [Puck Daddy]
- LATE SUBMISSION: David Pastrnak is prooooobably getting suspended for this. Usually can't launch yourself into another player's head.
ICYMI above, here's another link for your FIG picks. Get them in before puck drop, and stay dry, folks.