One more day until the Islanders hit the ice against the Habs, who beat the Flyers 2-1 at home last night. Carey Price is up to his old tricks again and Montreal remains undefeated in regulation.
- It's not a rumor: the Islanders really did sign Steve Bernier, although it might just be for the AHL. At least, for now. [LHH | Soundin' Off on Eric Boulton's family-related absence in Bridgeport.]
- Anthony Beauvillier has made a spot for himself in the lineup with good play, tenacity and saying things the coaches want to hear. [Newsday]
- I was a guest on Hockey Night in New York and we talked Beauvillier, Andrew Ladd and possible Cappy fatigue.
- PUPPIES! Part II: Video from the Isles puppy calendar shoot, and guess which softie adopted his puppy from that day? [LHH | Pet Age]
- You know who loves the Islanders playing at Barclays Center? Local bars, restaurants and other businesses. [AM NY]
- All About The Jersey's first (I think) Metro snapshot has everybody everywhere right now.
The New York Times visits the CCM factory in Quebec to see how John Tavares' high tech skate are made.
Around the league
- The Maple Leafs made one waiver dump (Milan Michalek) and one waiver pick up (Ben Smith). [PPP]
- Meanwhile, Leafs fans are trying to balance optimism with the early season. [PPP]
- Dude, the Blackhawks' penalty kill really sucks. Been there. [SCH]
- Bob McKenzie on why goalies are getting lit up so far this season. [TSN.ca]
- Also from Uncle Bob is the news of former NHLer Mike Commodore's new gig: Arizona Uber driver. [TSN.ca]
- Dave Tippett talks about coaching high-end young players and getting them to adjust to the NHL. [NHL]
- The good people of Ohio aren't gambling enough and somebody's gonna have to pay for this whole Blue Jackets arena. [Dispatch]
- The Peoria Rivermen of the SPHL abruptly cut two of their goalies, including Canadian star Shannon Szabados. A top defender left the team following the moves. Something is weird. [Ice Garden]
- These three little kids might look cute, but they have some strong ass opinions on the Lightning. [Raw Charge]
- Free NHL Halloween Costume ideas (since they're totally fake) [Zeitgeist]
Raw Charge has a round up of great Halloween costumes from around the NHL including Matt Martin and Sydney Esiason as the Joker and Harley Quinn, the Moulsons of Rydell High and Kyle and Danielle Okposo as Steve Harvey and Ms. Columbia.