Good morning, folks. Sorry for the Bits delay - still figuring out this danged contraption.
The day after an Isles win is always brighter - much appreciated on a Monday.
- Recaps from a big Isles win: LHH / Newsday / NY Post / NY Daily News / Islanders / NHL.com / NYI Skinny / Hockey Wilderness
- We have another special recap - LHH user from across the pond, English_Isles, recaps Sunday's game against the Wild from afar.
- Losing Pulock after only one period of play sucks, but thankfully steady Nick Leddy only missed 1 game with an infection in his finger. (Fungi?) [Newsday]
- Eric Boulton's rosteriitis seems to have been temporarily cured - after clearing waivers yesterday, he was assigned to Bridgeport.
- ICYMI - This may come as a shock to you, but according to Newsday, the ice at Barclays Center isn't very good. Dom does a wonderful job summing up what this means, as well. [LHH]
Around the Hockeysphere
- Last night's NHL scores
- One of the games yesterday was the Heritage Classic, the league's first outdoor game of the season, in which the host Winnipeg Jets were shut out by Cam Talbot and the Oilers.
- A lower body injury will keep Amanda Kessel out of the Four Nations Cup and raises questions about her future hockey career.
- Decorated Sabres' announcer Rick Jeanneret, healthy again after a heart scare over the summer, will return to call 42 games for Buffalo. [Buffalo News]