The Islanders are back at it on the slushy, bouncy Barclays Center ice this evening at 6:00 pm against the Minnesota Wild. Doors open at 4:30.
FIG picks go here. Don't pick Ryan Pulock or Eric Boulton.
- The ice at Barclays Center takes center stage again and PVC pipes now join the pantheon of Islanders arena annoyances, along with asbestos, scoreboard hoists and leaky ice. [LHH | Newsday]
- Meanwhile in more pressing matters, Ryan Pulock is out 4-6 weeks with what Arthur Staple says is a broken foot. It's possible Nick Leddy is back today, though. [LHH]
- The injuries and dwindling roster spots led the Islanders to do what was one thought impossible - place Eric Boulton on waivers. [LHH]
- Brendan Burke gets a write-up in the New York Times about his wonderful story.
- Stan Fischler has many thoughts about the metro area teams. [MSG Networks]
- The Sound Tigers lost 5-2 to Hershey, but Tanner Fritz scored both goals for Bridgeport. [CT Post | BST]
- Mitch Vande Sompel had one of the goals in Oshawa's win over Sarnia. [Durham Region]
- Thomas Greiss loves riding his bike, Batman movies and chilling with his three dogs. [Pink Bike]
- Last night's NHL scores.
- The Kings are in a bad way with goalies. First Jonathan Quick goes down, now his replacement Jeff Zatkoff leaves practice with an injury. [JFTC].
- It's so bad, their AHL goalie Jonah Imoo had to be backed-up by his father. [LAK Insider]
- Evaluating Shea Weber is kind of a tricky thing for Habs fans. [EOTP]
- Today at 3 pm is the Heritage Classic, the first outdoor game of the season, between the Oilers and Jets at Winnipeg's Investors Group Field. Here's how to watch (Sportsnet/NHL Network) | In yesterday's alumni game, Teemu Selanne made an electric return to Winnipeg [NHL.com] | Wayne Gretzky described his own play as less than electric [NHL.com] | Arctic Ice Hockey reflects on the game in Jets history (no Coyotes jokes, please). | And Dom reflects on the words of Dale Hawerchuk and how times have changed, with a cameo from Mike Bossy.