Two days off to think about one that got away (although, man, that deflected game-winner was a thing of beauty).
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | FTF
- The best thing to come from Tuesday night (besides Brendan and Butch discussing #IslesTwitter memes on air) was the first goal of many for Anthony Beauvillier.
- You owe us for that glass, Brent Burns. [FTF]
- Casey Cizikas was back in the line-up, as was Dennis Seidenberg, who's fitting in well. [Newsday]
- How well? Garik took a peek at some early numbers and found some slightly surprising Seidenberg stats (does not include last night's game).
- Tom Gulitti's Metro Notebook looks at Beauvillier and Mathew Barzal among other topics. [NHL.com]
- Radio voice Chris King calls into the Point Blank podcast to also talk about dem kids.
- How about some other prospects? How are they doing? In a few cases, the answer is pretty good. [Islanders]
- Just in case anyone was wondering, the relationship between the Islanders and Barclays Center is fine and dandy. Oh, you weren't wondering? Are you sure? Not even a little? No? Hm. Well, Newsday will keep you abreast of the situation just in case.
- Sound Tigers notes include a sore Adam Pelech. [CT Post]
- More about the charitable cause behind the Islanders Rescue Dog photo shoot. [Islanders]
Around the NHL
- The great Marian Hossa scored his 500th career goal in the Blackhawks' win over the Flyers last night. For all his accolades, he probably still doesn't get enough credit. [SCH]
- You've heard of Mario Lemieux, but have you ever heard of his junior linemate Jacques Goyette? No, and there are reasons why not. [Post-Gazette]
- Not trolling, I swear: P.A. Parenteau completes the Rangers-Islanders-Devils hat trick. [NY Times]
- Rejoice! Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts are back in regular season mode. The Hampus Lindholm saga continues to amaze.