- The 23-man roster has been set and includes Mathew Barzal and Anthony Beauvillier, just as we all predicted. Ryan Pulock is going to have a wait a bit. [LHH | NHL.com]
- The Islanders experimented with a new top line in practice because why not. [Newsday | AP]
- Actually, the reason is because the guy who was supposed to play there is now a New Jersey Devil. [LHH]
- The Point Blank podcast says goodbye to P.A. Parenteau and hello again to a long lost Islanders voice.
- Brett Crygalis says the Islanders need a big year. A controversial stance. [NY Post]
- Look around Barclays Center and you'll see improvements following feedback from last season. [CBS NY]
- Carter Verhaeghe is confident and ready to make his mark on the Sound Tigers. [CT Post]
- Official release on Pulock and Adam Pelech being assigned to Bridgeport. [BST | Soundin' Off]
- The AHL season starts on Friday and Michael Fornabaio gets you caught up on all of the league's new rules. [Soundin' Off]
- Eamon McAdam impressed at a recent Missouri Mavericks scrimmage. [Examiner]
- The NEW & IMPROVED Nassau Coliseum will open its doors in April with a concert from Billy Joel, who has his own section in Newsday, which I think is kind of hilarious.
- Call off the dogs in Tampa, the Lightning have resigned Nikita Kucherov to a ridiculously good bridge deal. [Raw Charge]
- Kris Versteeg trolled all of Alberta, coming to Oilers camp on a PTO, then deciding to sign with the Flames. [Calgary Herald | TSS has Dreger's explanation]
- There's a new Tkachuk in town and the old one now gets to watch. [Calgary Herald]
- Ron Hextall sticks up for his on-ice attack dog, Radko Gudas. [BSH]
- Vice's list of most exciting young players in the NHL doesn't include Barzal or Beauvillier... yet.
- The NHL has new rules for spotting and diagnosing concussions on ice level that could keep players in the locker room if a ref determines they can't continue. [Puck Daddy]
- NCAA games are losing attendance. [Lets Go DU]
- Frank Seravalli makes 31 predictions and sees the Islanders taking a step backwards (but still in the playoffs). [TSN.ca]
- Say hello to Bob McKenzie's Bobcast, a new hockey podcast coming to your earholes every other Friday. [TSN.ca]
- And say goodbye to the legendary Ruslan Fedotenko, who announced his retirement yesterday. Farewell, Tank. [NHLPA]
Kevin Bieksa goes undercover at a Ducks preseason game. That disguise is worthy of Hannibal Smith.