Rosters need to be finalized by tomorrow, so maybe we’ll see some cuts or other moves today. Chances are you’ve already forgotten about yesterday’s 4-0 preseason loss to the Capitals. The season is very close.
- Recaps of a lame trip to DC. The results weren't great but no one is sweating it. [LHH | Newsday | Isles]
- The Daily News previews the Islanders season by using the least amount of words possible.
- There are lessons the Islanders can take from the Mets. First, they need to find the NHL equivalent of Bartolo Colon. [Eyes on Isles]
A few more
- The Panthers will be without Jonathan Huberdeau for three to four months because of an injury. The "good" news is that they have a new captain in rugged Derek MacKenzie. Okay. [Miami Herald]
- The Leafs put old vet Brooks Laich and a bunch of other guys on waivers. [PPP]
- Detroit lost promising young forward Martin Frk to Carolina via waivers and Red Wings fans are Frking mad about it. [WIIM]
- Jonathan Drouin and Jon Cooper hashed out their differences over breakfast before last year's playoffs and re-established the player's relationship with the coach. [Tampa Bay Times]
- The NHL is mulling an outdoor game at West Point, because between the Panthers and Las Vegas, the military academy is the hot new thing now. Maybe if two owners had previously been astronauts, the league would want an outdoor game played on the moon. [Newsday]