Now that that's over, it's on to Philadelphia and a matinee on Saturday.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post |NY Daily News, which focuses on the morning skate for some reason | Islanders | NHL.com | Japers
- About the morning skate: the Islanders moved theirs to Ice Works instead of Barclays yesterday. Wonder if they'll move back after the loss. [LHH | Newsday | NY Times]
- Ryan Pulock and Joe Whitney will represent the Sound Tigers at the AHL All Star Classic. [The AHL | Soundin' Off]
- But the Bridgeport power play has been in dry dock all season. [CT Post]
- Checking in with Penn State goalie Eamon McAdam. [Along the Boards]
- Congrats (er, I guess) to former Islanders owner Paul Greenwood, whose 10-year sentence for fraud was vacated. He'll be re-sentenced eventually. Maybe he can make it to a game. [Reuters]
- Make it 11 wins in a row for Roberto Luongo and the Florida P(DO)anthers. [NHL.com | Globe n' Mail on what the hell is going on]
- The SBN Blog Council examines the questions surrounding the Panthers and self-cannibalism.
- More on that Ryan Johansen-Seth Jones swap: The Cannon reflects on the weird Johansen saga | The two happened to run into each at the airport after the trade. Small world! [SI.com]
- Look out international teams. The Danes are coming. [NY Times]
- New Jersey's Bobby Farnham was fined two grand for one of the most hilarious dives in NHL history. [NHL.com]
- Have you ever wanted to know the magic behind Pierre McGuire's patented brand of "showmanship?" Well, here's everything you need to know. [USA Today]
Yeah, this trade's gonna work out real well for the Kings:
Interesting intangibles pic.twitter.com/hFccvqTKTS— Sheng Peng (@Sheng_Peng) January 8, 2016