Today is a Wednesday and that should mean something to you. What that is, well we leave that up to you.
- Travis Hamonic says it's playoff hockey from here on out, and the Isles are hoping Johnny Boychuk is back after the break or soon thereafter. [Newsday]
- Count Jaroslav Halak among those happy for the break, and not playing in a (now 3-on-3) All-Star game like last year. [Newsday]
- A little more on the Sound Tigers moves, getting Scott Mayfield back and sending Jesse Graham to the ECHL to work on D. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- Also, they have new dates for their snow-postponed games. [Soundin' Off]
- Here's more on the rest of the prospects. [Isles]
- Look, we're not saying you should drink. But if you do, you might consider these local craft brews. [LHH]
The Islanders ended their pre-break play with a dud, but they aren't alone:
- The Hawks were blown out 5-0 at home, making many sad Jordans among the Chicago crowd.
- The Canadiens lost for the second consecutive night to the Blue Jackets (!) 5-2. They have 13 (!) points since Dec. 1.
- The fans booed P.K. Subban and he understands. [@ArponBasu]
- Also, the Devils were shut out 2-0 in Pittsburgh, which means the Isles stay in third place at the break, though both those teams are right behind them. [NHL]
And Then There Were These...
- Why NHL teams (oh, and their fans) shouldn't overreact FIYRE EVERYBODY to winning and losing streaks. [Sportsnet]
- The Leafs are ready for the big trade deadline selloff. [Globe & Mail]
- Should it include old pal P.A. Parenteau? [PPP]
- Key things to know about the latest NHL digital overhaul. [Puck Daddy]
- Data shows why the Lightning need a god defenseman in a Drouin deal. [TSN]
- Elliotte Friedman's thoughts: Collect all 30! [Sportsnet]
- If Andrew Ladd is dealt by the Jets, he'd make a great fit in Florida under old GM Dale Tallon. [Today's Slapshot]
- I went to a shootout and a brief hockey game broke out. Women's game has record 54 shootout shots. [Puck Daddy]
- Dustin Byfuglien notched that rarest of gems: A 3-on-5 shorthanded goal. [video]
- If there's one thing Glenn Healy can still do, it's be enraged about things. Like the reported "embarrassing" $8.5 million salary offered Steven Stamkos. [Sportsnet]
- AHL All-Star roster updates. [AHL]
- Aleksander Barkov announced his contract extension to Kevin Spacey on social media. [SB Nation]
- Not hockey, but fun and aesthetically pleasing: That time in 2003 when the Saints and Jaguars played a game with an ending straight out of a video game malfunction. [SB Nation]