Mad or bothered by last night's loss? Me, too. Good thing we have the next week to think about it.
The final games before the break are tonight, and one puts us in the horrible position of having to root for a regulation win by the Penguins to salvage a tiny bit of relief. So this is where we are.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | WIIM
- After the game, the Islanders sent Scott Mayfield back to Bridgeport to actually get in a game. [Isles]
- But Johnny Boychuk is skating again and should be back soon. [CBS]
- More on Thomas Greiss the Good Samaritan. [Newsday]
- The Hockey News takes notice of Brock Nelson.
- Shannon Hogan blogs about the wonders of Ottawa and the Islanders snow adventures. [MSG]
- The Frans Nielsen-Kyle Okposo signing conundrum continues. [TSS]
- The Sound Tigers have recalled the awesomely named Kane Lafranchise from Missouri, and sent Jesse Graham down. [Soundin' Off]
- Look, I hold no ill will towards the Panthers, and I'm always open to more Bill Torrey interviews, but let's slow down with the comparisons to the dynasty Islanders. [Slam Sports]
- The Panthers extended Aleksander Barkov's contract for six years at a nice clip. [LBC]
- P.K. Subban's dump-in from center ice scored and tied the game for the Habs. Too bad Montreal lost again [SI.com]. But, incredibly, another kid won a puppy thanks to an NHLer's performance. [Puck Daddy]
- Did the Lightning make a contract offer to Steven Stamkos? He's not saying. [TBO.com]
- One writer says it's time for Andrew Ladd to jet Winnipeg. [TSN.ca]
- Eric Staal might make a new team very happy in a month or so. [Sportsnet]
- So could Jared Cowan, but only because of his wacky contract. [TSN.ca]
- A recount of what sounds like an awesome time at the NWHL All Star Game in Buffalo. [Victory Press]
- See Dani Rylan and the Riveters live and in-person at the Brooklyn Historical Society this Thursday.
- Southern hockey fandom is alive and well in Tampa. [SBN]
- Like quirky small market hockey teams? Then Bratislava Slovan might be the team for you. (also, Lubo!) [Eyes on the Prize]
- Good on the Oilers for supporting the LBGT community with rainbow-colored stick tape. [SBN]
- And Monday in Philly is the first ever You Can Play Night, with the Flyers taking on the Bruins. [NHL.com]
- The stars (and lots of Capitals) were out for the documentary, Soul on Ice: Past, Present and Future. [WaPo]
- Writer Dave Stubbs says goodbye to the Montreal Gazette and hello to NHL.com as its new historian. [PHWA]
- All of NHL.com, the league's app and GameCenter Live will get facelifts this weekend from MLBAM, starting with rebranding GCL as NHL.tv. [NHL.com]
- Instead of having NHLer's get loaded and wait in a greenroom, the NHL is giving us an All Star Game pre-game show with a bunch of country acts you've (probably) never heard of. I hope Ovechkin crashes it and sings karaoke. [Puck Daddy]