Hope you enjoyed your snowy Islanders-free Saturday. Good luck shoveling out today. Roads and transportation should be back to normal for Monday night's game against Detroit.
- Arthur Staple checks in with Ryan Strome and finds a guy ready to go up against the elite in the NHL. Staple also kicks around possible trade scenarios for Jonathan Drouin (nope) and others (no thank you and probably nope). The views and opinions expressed by Arthur Staple do not reflect those of the editors of this publication. We're all just talking.
- The Islanders weren't the only team to have a game called off for snow. The Capitals now have two games to make up. [NHL.com]
- Michael Dal Colle had a goal and two assists in regulation, then added a shootout goal in Kingston's 6-5 win over Barrie. [Whig]
- Meanwhile in Erie, PA, Joshua Ho-Sang had an assist and and empty netter in a 4-1 Niagara win. [Ice Dogs]
- And what was Johnny Boychuk doing yesterday? Same thing you were:
Snowboss55 update. Doesn't work... Plows came by... Crushed my soul. You win Jonas. I didn't like your music anyways.— Johnny Boychuk (@joboych) January 24, 2016
- Milan Lucic gets mad at some Coyotes, does something stupid, then gets really mad at a referee for tossing him. Take a time out. [PHT]
- The Devils keep winning, but Jiri Tlusty will be out 3-4 months after having wrist surgery. [AATJ]
- Get ready for next week's All Star celebration with On The Forecheck's guide to the NHL's Nashville Fan Fair.
- San Jose Barracuda coach Roy Sommer is looking to become the AHL's all time leader in wins. [Puck Daddy]
- In the morning, a light skate sees its final twists. [NY Times]
- Last night in Toronto, the Maple Leafs honored Dave Keon, a former star who has spent the last three decades in a cold war with the franchise, with an evening and a statue on Legends Row. In other words, his return is a big deal. The story behind the thawing. | Keon's sit-down with Sportsnet's Scott Morrison. Keon laments his aborted trade to the Islanders in 1975. | The big ceremony from last night [SI.com]