Dang you, Ryan Miller!
- Recaps of a valiant effort: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Nucks Misconduct
- Mikhail Grabovski could get a call from the Department of Player Safety about his boarding penalty on Henrik Sedin. Or he could not. Who knows? [Newsday] | Henrik is going to miss some time. [NHL.com]
- An even-handed check in on the Islanders and Barclays Center from Sportsnet. The arena has made a lot of changes - and done a ton of research with other experts, it seems - since the beginning of the season.
- Normally, I wouldn't indulge anything like this, but I found this an interesting question: if Buffalo picked up part of the tab, would Matt Moulson make a worthwhile pick-up for the Islanders? Frankly, I'm not willing to pay the cost this writer thinks is fair, though. [HockeyBuzz]
- The Sound Tigers lost again, but this was much worse than the previous five: leading scorer Joe Whitney is out for the year with an injury. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- Michael Dal Colle had a goal in Kingston's loss to Mississauga. [The Whig]
Around the NHL
- Make it 11 wins in a row for the Blackhawks. [SCH]
- The Oilers have signed Cam Talbot to a three-year, $12.5 million extension, a medium-sized gamble on a guy who's had an up-and-down first season in Edmonton. [C & B]
- All About the Jersey snapshots the Metro in the week before the All Star Game.
- Vancouver's Alex Burrows knows that time takes a bite out of everyone. [The Province]
- Video: John Scott smiles through questions about his trade and non-All Star Game appearance. [Ice Caps]
- Here's something you don't see often: a college hockey brawl. [SBN College Hockey]
- The Lithuanian national team might get a jolt of NHL experience and energy from the one-and-only Darius Kasparaitis, who's training for an international comeback. [The Hockey News]
Happy Martin Luther King Day to everyone. Enjoy the day off or, if you are working, the lighter commute.