Things looked pretty grim for the Islanders yesterday afternoon. But if you watched either of the NFL playoff games, you were reminded that things could always be a lot worse (sorry, LCH.)
- Painful Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Broad Street Hockey
- An injury update on Travis Hamonic, who missed the game. [Newsday]
- For any pro coach, reaching 400 games behind the bench is a milestone. Having said that... I'm not sure if you want to read about Jack Capuano's achievement after yesterday's game. [Newsday]
- The slumping Sound Tigers couldn't complete their comeback against Hartford. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- Eyes on Isles does what I was feebly attempting to: examine the Islanders possession numbers to see the night and day difference between last year and this year.
- A look back at the unbelievable junior career of Pat LaFontaine by Third String Goalie.
- Alex Ovechkin scored twice against the Rangers yesterday, including the OT game winner, and sits at 499 career goals going into today's game versus Ottawa. Relax and enjoy. [WaPo]
- The Red Wings placed defenseman Jakub Kindl on waivers yesterday and everybody thinks he'd be a great pick-up, except Red Wings fans. [WIIM]
- The likelihood of the Rangers trading Keith Yandle grows larger everyday. [NY Post]
- Even pros like Daniel Sedin can make bad, bad line-changes at the worst times. [SBN]