Happy New Year from all of us at Lighthouse Hockey:
- Recaps of a New Year's Greiss'n Eve: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny and a message from Eric Hornick
- In the AP's recap, Frans Nielsen says the crowd noise helped him score his goal.
- Injury shuffle: Johnny Boychuk is day-to-day with a shoulder injury that wasn't as bad as it looked (apparently), while Jaroslav Halak might be back soon. [Newsday]
- Could we see Ryan Pulock up for a couple of games? He's gaining confidence at Bridgeport. [CT Post | Notes on the Sound Tigers' upcoming weekend from Michael Fornabaio's Soundin' Off blog | BST Trivia, too]
- The penultimate entry in our 2015 moments series looks at a couple of new editions to the Islanders family.
- World Juniors: Linus Soderstrom and Sweden are moving on to face Slovakia in the medal round after beating Canada on Thursday. [LHH]
- Parker Wotherspoon had a hand in Tri-City's big comeback win over Portland. [Tri-City Herald]
- The Winter Classic is today at 1 pm on NBC. The weather looks good [SCoC] and the Habs need a break [EOTP]. For Montreal goalie Mike Condon, this is a homecoming he didn't expect [SI.com] | Just for fun, here's noted grinch Bill Belichick on skates. [SBN]
- Yesterday was the Outdoor Women's Classic, which was a quantum leap forward for women's hockey. [TSS | A recap of the 1-1 tie between the Boston Pride and Les Canadiennes from SCoC]
- An overdose of John Tortorella could be hazardous to your hockey team's health. [TSN.ca]
- Arctic Ice Hockey tries to look at things from Kevin Cheveldayoff's perspective.
- Dale Tallon will remain as the Panthers GM for the next [undisclosed] seasons. [Panthers]
- 2015 was a year of big changes in the NHL, including the league making its first inroads into China. Islanders pick Andong Song is a part of the movement. ESPN]
- It was also a year of wacky, funny quotes from many folks. [Toronto Star]