- Rookie Camp opens on September 11 and features some very intriguing prospects at various stages of NHL readiness. [LHH]
- A handful of Islanders have already begun skating informally, which in hockey terms means none were wearing tuxedos or evening gowns. [LHH]
- AUDIO: John Tavares, taking part in the NHL's players media tour, chats with Toronto radio host Jeff Blair about the adjustments he and his teammates will have make in Brooklyn.
- 2012 seventh round pick Jake Bischoff has been named one of Minnesota's captains this season. [Gopher Sports]
- SBN College Hockey previews the Big Ten goalies, including 2013 third round pick Eamon McAdam.
- Far too many Kings players have had run-ins with the law lately, so the team hired reformed NHL cast out Brantt Myhres to act as a mentor. [LA Times]
- The Sharks' throwback jersey is the one they wore in the 1990's, which means the 1990's were a long time ago and some of us are very old. [Icethetics]
- Jakub Voracek will donate $1,000 to multiple sclerosis for every point he scores this season. I hope he gets many, many points (against everyone but the Islanders). [The Score]
- Video: Marc-Andre Fleury may be a hated Islanders nemesis and target of abuse, but good on him for playing Denis Lemieux in this funny Slapshot parody. [CBS Sports]