Happy Labor Day to all laborers. Please cease and desist from laboring today. Unless your wife goes into labor. Then you should labor to make her labor less laborious.
- Matt Martin's summer involved Entourage, coaching kids and getting a new dog. Two of these things are cute. [Islanders]
- The Islanders are looking for a new In-Arena Host and auditions are on Thursday. So get those glossy head shots and resumes shined up. [Islanders]
- This article started making the rounds this weekend but if you missed it, it's well worth the read: Islanders fan Jeff runs a Brooklyn start-up and is excited about the team's move to his home, but is concerned about the language and actions of Brett Yormark in marketing the team. He says what a lot of us are thinking about banners and black jerseys and I hope Yormark or whoever really considers it.
- Zoë is among the esteemed panelists in a Hockey Wilderness podcast on the state of women's hockey that received the Jenny Scrivens seal of approval.
- SLIDE SHOW! What would each NHL's team roster look like if it was comprised only of players drafted by that team? The Islanders make out pretty well. [Bleacher Report]
- Former Sabre Nathan Paetsch has been sentenced to community service and house arrest for his role in a gambling ring. There's a Thomas Vanek joke somewhere in that sentence. [Buffalo News]
- There should be no doubt as to which fan base has the best sense of humor. Only Flyers fans could organize a GoFundMe page to raise enough dough to buy the Penguins. [Puck Daddy]