- Ryan Pilon made a surprise decision to leave the Brandon Wheat Kings for personal reasons. [Our story | Yahoo.ca]
- Craig Custance says stuff about the Islanders' place among Metro Cup Contenders but it's for E$PN IN$IDER$ only.
- Get your Islanders fantasy outlook from guru Dobber. [Dobber's Hockey]
- Hey now. Hope we hear more about this:
Went to the @barclayscenter today and got the grand tour for the facilities for @NYIslanders. It is looking good! #letsgetstarted— Johnny Boychuk (@joboych) September 4, 2015
Labor Day laborings
- Tampa Bay back-up goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy has been diagnosed with blood clots and will miss 2-3 months. Time for a Nabokov comeback! (no, not really). [Raw Charge]
- A few years after his terrifying collapse on the bench during a game, Rich Peverley has retired to join the Stars' player development department. [Morning News]
- Also, the Rangers have added Chris Drury as their director of player development and vice President of Little League Hero procurement. [NHL.com]
- Dan Carcillo dedicates his day with the Stanley Cup to his friend Steve Montador. This is a really lovely, inspiring story that threatens to make the man known as #GorillaSalad likable (at least, off the ice). [ESPN]
- It's already raining at Winging It In Motown's Labor Day party: the unkillable Dan Cleary is back for yet another year. The URL says it all.