- Got a third jersey leak, a tease for the Islanders' new radio home and some back-and-forth between Brett Yormark and The Post in this late potpourri of random offseason news.
- Michael Dal Colle and Ryan Pulock know that training camp is going to be a dogfight for spots and that only the best prospect can win. Both sound ready to hit the ground running. [NHL.com]
- AUDIO: Justin Bourne stops by the Isles Buzz podcast for a quick chat.
- A quick but thorough look at the Brock Nelson contract stalemate, including the team's history of last minute signings. [The Hockey Writers]
- Vice Sports on Andong Song's mission to grow hockey in China.
- The PTO he signed with the Islanders for training camp might be Eric Boulton's last ride. No, this wasn't written by Willhoft. [Today's Slapshot]
- Before the Islanders, even before the Rangers, there were the Americans, who made Brooklyn an NHL city. Until it wasn't. [CBS NY]
- Three updates from the back-from-vacation Arthur Staple:
#Isles will wear commemorative patch honoring Al Arbour for this coming season, pending NHL approval.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) September 3, 2015
Not much news on roster front. #Isles still talking with reps for Zidlicky and Visnovsky. Offer to Brock Nelson has been on table for weeks.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) September 3, 2015
And to those who've asked about Patrick Kane... Please, I beg you. Stop asking.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) September 3, 2015
A little more
- Kings defenseman Slava Voynov has been moved from a detention center in South Beach to the waiting arms of ICE, or Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Deportation could be the next stop. [JFTC]
- Do not swindle money from Sergei Fedorov, or anyone for that matter. It's a bad idea. Take it from the guy who just got convicted on 15 counts of fraud for doing just that. [Freep]
- The Lightning would love to sign Steven Stamkos until kingdom come. But that's a little easier said than done. [Tampa Bay.com]
- Once more for the back row: Tracking Corsi can forecast a team's future success over time. [TSN.ca]
- An expertly done FanPost from Pension Plan Puppets about the life and deaths surrounding former Maple Leaf (and one-time Islander) Brian "Spinner" Spencer. Read this today.
- Master photographer Bruce Bennett has a photo book coming out on October 6th. You're gonna want it. Make sure it's on your Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza list. [Info here | Video preview here]
- NWHL jerseys are available for purchase. Not a bad one in the bunch. [NWHL Shop]