- Thomas Hickey will be out a month with an upper body injury, and replacement options include a noob and a nightmare. [LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Mini Hickey Skinny from Eric Hornick]
- Michael Dal Colle and Anthony Beauvillier will have to wait until next year to make the leap from Juniors to the NHL. [LHH]
- The Isles Buzz podcast talks abut those topics and more in their latest installment.
- Sportsnet previews the Islanders and likes what they see.
- Brian Compton handles the preview duties for NHL.com and looks at the importance of special teams for them. Very interesting quotes in both stories.
- In their first visit to Barclays Center, the Capitals couldn't stop raving about... the bus elevator [Russian Machine] and the regulation NBA-sized shower heads [WaPo]
- Vets and new faces gathered at Sound Tigers camp and Michael Fornabaio reports the early lines and pairings.
- Just click this.
- NBCSN's #HockeyvilleUSA game was a fun Slap Shot appreciation party. For the Penguins anyway, they beat the Lighting 4-2. [SBN]
- The Board of Governors heard expansion proposals from Las Vegas and Quebec but will drag this whole process out a little longer. [ESPN]
- That pesky Canadian economy won't keep Quebec from getting and keeping an NHL team (unlike the last one they had). [Sportsnet | TSN.ca]
- NWHL players make actual money from the sales of their jerseys. How much, exactly? Cup of Chowder investigates.
- The league has also posted all of its players salary info. WHAT A NOVEL IDEA IMAGINE THAT.
- Zoe's Victory Press has launched and deserves your support. Her first piece is an interview with author Beth Boyle Machlan about Don DeLillo's 1980 hockey novel Amazons. [VictoryPress.org]
Noted video game hater Anders Lee looks pretty comfortable with that controller in his hands: