- Recaps of whatever went down last night [LHH | Newsday | official site]. Thomas Hickey left with an upper-body injury, so we'll update with his status when we know what it is.
- Not sure I'm down with this new goal horn, but I'll need to hear it a few hundred times this season to really form an opinion. [LHH]
- Whenever the Islanders do something people don't like, Sports Illustrated is there to record it for posterity.
- The New York Times looks at more team-train connections.
- We need to think of a catchy name for the Anders Lee-Ryan Strome-John Tavares line because it looks like it might be a thing. [NY Daily News | NY Post]
- Scott Burnside does the Islanders preview for ESPN.
- I helped Philly site Pattison Avenue out with their Islanders preview and stumped for my boy Colin McDonald. [pattisonave.com]
- Michael Fornabaio shakes out all the new bodies in Sound Tigers camp. [Soundin' Off]
- Unlocking the mystery we have all been wondering about: what happened to Frans Nielsen's website? [Along the Boards]
- A recap of the Riveters preseason game against the FDNY. [NWHL.com]
- Players in the NWHL are being paid, which would not have seemed possible even just a few years ago. [Thought Catalog]
- The Riveters enjoyed a night out at Barclays Center. No word on their feelings about the goal horn.
Around the hockey world
- The hockey business is booming and might continue to boom even more. [Buffalo Business First]
- Remember former Islanders defenseman Jamie Rivers? Here he is talking about the time he almost died from internal bleeding in Europe. Ah memories. [Slap Shot Diaries]
- Female sportswriters have to deal with a lot of unconscionable garbage on Twitter just for doing their jobs. Warning: this might lower your opinion of humanity. [SI.com]
- Fortunately, there's Edmonton's kid superhero, Spider-Mable, who saved Oilers captain Andrew Ference from the clutches of that evil master of deception, Mysterio. Take that, ol' Fishbowl Head. (That's Mysterio. Not Ference.) [CBS Sports]