No TV for tonight. Think of it like the old Original Six days, where you found out what happened by reading about the game the next day in the newspaper. Except with Twitter.
- Say goodbye to Kevin Poulin, frequent flyer of the Islanders-Bridgeport Express, who was picked up on waivers by the Lightning. Good luck to him. [LHH | Newsday]
- Sound Tigers training camp will have many, many new faces vying for AHL contracts. [LHH]
- The secondary ticket markets are making several pretty pennies for Islanders tickets now that they didn't used to. [Newsday]
- Islanders fans of Nova Scotia had good time on Saturday night, despite the final score [Truro Daily News]
- USA Today previews the Islanders season and sees a playoff berth.
- Young Islanders fan laments "Corporate America" winning again with the Barclays move. Maybe he's more ready for Brooklyn than he thinks he is. [USA Today]
- A complimentary write-up of the Barclays Center experience from Along The Boards.
- The Newsday editorial board carves up Ed Mangano for trying to sell his special brand of Islanders Returning to Nassau snake oil. [Newsday]
- There's still a chance to get into an MSG Network commercial. Contact James at the address in the FanPost.
Around the League
- With the addition of Poulin, the Lightning released Ray Emery from his training camp PTO. [NHL]
- Brad Boyes signs an insanely cheap one-year contract with the Maple Leafs. Early congrats on his eventual trade to a contender at the deadline. [PPP]
- Cocaine is a helluva drug and, apparently, a hell of a problem in the NHL according to one Leafs prospect in an international interview. [PPP]
- Kevin Shattenkirk is the latest pro athlete to finish offseason training in "the best shape of his life," etc. Also, despite an injury interrupting said "best shape" last year, he did not feel the world's against him. [NHL]
- Eyes on the Prize ranks the competitiveness of various Euro leagues using a whole bunch of charts n' stuff.
- Boston College and North Dakota will play at MSG in December of 2016. So, um, start getting ready. [SBN College Hockey]
Looks like a lot of fun was had at the Riveters vs. FDNY game at Aviator Events yesterday.