The Islanders invade the Eastern Seaboard tonight, with split squad games in Newark and Philadelphia. The game against the Flyers will be broadcast on MSG+. Game time in Philly is 6 pm and 7 pm at Prudential Center. The Devils game can be streamed at WFAN.com according to All About The Jersey.
No word yet on if Pope Francis, who's also visiting Philly today, will be in attendance tonight.
- The battle is Scott Mayfield vs. Ryan Pulock, but the real winners are us. [LHH]
- You know who's not sweating Kyle Okposo's next contract? Kyle Okposo. [NY Post]
- Little guy Anthony Beauvillier is playing big at his first NHL training camp. [Islanders]
- Brooklynites are checking out that new band in town. [Brooklyn Eagle]
- Travis Hamonic says he's "ready to rock," but as a die hard country music guy, does that mean it's like a Drive-By Truckers alt-country rock thing or like some Trace Adkins stompin' line dancing thing? [Daily News]
- Everybody loves this Kirill. [IslesNation]
- What's the deal with this Taylor Beck guy? Name sounds made up. [Eyes on Isles]
- Hockey By Design takes a the Islanders third jerseys to the woodshed.
- Islanders alum Jean Potvin is giving back by and finding meaning through charity work. [UticaOD.com]
- Another bizarre twist in the Patrick Kane case: the accuser's lawyer has resigned citing concerns over how the previously revealed tainted evidence bag was presented to him by the woman's mother. [TSN.ca]
- Happy-go-lucky Lubomir Visnovsky is looking for one more well-deserved kick at the Stanley Cup can. [Sun-Times]
- This is cool: The CWHL's Montreal Stars have been rebranded Les Canadiennes de Montreal to reflect their partnership with the Habs. [Habs | EOTP]
- "Only The Dead Know the Brooklyn Americans" is a very cool, very dark and also very wrong headline. But the story is about the Brooklyn Museum exhibit about the team. [Brooklyn Eagle]
- Not everyone loves this Kirill. [Cyrgalis]
- One of Jim Dolan's overpriced toys will be introducing more overpriced toys on Oct. 1 at the NHL Store in New York City. [NHL.com]
This is the only Drive-By Truckers song I know. It's in Rock Band. I like it.