- Recaps: Dom on the sights and sounds and starving | AATJ
- Earlier in the day, the Islanders named former Capitals GM (and sorta part time scout already) George McPhee special assistant to the GM. [LHH]
- Ryan Pulock and Scott Mayfield are playing last defenseman standing for the final spot. Also includes some flattering quotes from McPhee. [Newsday]
- Controversy! The Islanders and Barclays Center can't agree on how much meals for media and such should cost. [LHH]
- A couple more preseason games have been added to MSG Network's broadcasting schedule. You're welcome, you in-grates. [LHH]
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts contains a few tid bits on the Joshua Ho-Sang situation, mainly about how a young player handles that kind of adversity.
- Man, Michael Dal Colle isn't even fully an Islander yet and he's already teaching the "kids" what it's like to be a pro. Love this guy. [MyNorthwest.com]
- NHL.com's Dan Rosen has some advice for Islanders fans in his latest mailbag: Relax and enjoy being an Islander fan. The team is good and relevant again. Soak it in.
Other Hockey-ish Happenings
- Things got weird in the Patrick Kane case, with the accuser's lawyer saying the rape kit from the police was tampered with. The details are grim and bizarre and terrifying and make an already sad situation exponentially more complicated. [SB Nation | TSN | Lawyer's Eye View at TSN]
- What kind of bush league arena adds a bunch of obstructed view seats? Oh, the MTS Center in Winnipeg? Never mind. [Global News]
- Broad Street Hockey "previews" the Metro Division including noted mayonnaise fan Sidney Crosby.
- Boston needs defensemen! I have a candidate to volunteer. [CSN Boston]
- Sad News from Bruins world as seminal blog Days of Y'Orr closes its doors. [Boston Magazine]
- A pair of India-born identical twins are helping to spread hockey across the world. [NHL.com]
- Lou Lamoriello fondly remembers the late and greater than great Yogi Berra as a dedicated Devils fan. [NorthJersey.com]
- One arena in which the Islanders definitely trail behind the Rangers is in acceptance by all-girl Korean pop groups. Help us, Lily Allen, you're our only hope. [The Hockey News]