- Dom's got two recaps for the price of one. Broad Street Hockey reports from the Flyers victory in Allentown.
- Barclays is lookin' good after the renovations [LHH]. And the players are loving it [Islanders]. Gotta be just a little bit of a change from the accommodations at the Coliseum.
- Programming note: the Oct. 4 preseason game versus the Capitals will be aired on NHL Network. [Staple]
- The NHL's Ice Guru Dan Craig monitors the playing conditions, while Brett Yormark monitors the Twitters and Facebooks. [Newsday]
- Barclays is a long way from Nassau Mausoleum. [NY Sports Day]
- To get to their new home arena, many players are going to be taking the LIRR. Hope they have more luck than everyone else does during morning rush hours. [NY Daily News | NY Post | IPB | Today's Slapshot
- So how was the ride?
Matt Martin said his group of six #Isles players barely drew any notice on the LIRR this morning. Same for John Tavares.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) September 21, 2015
Thomas Hickey said one person stopped him for a picture. "But that's because I was traveling with Anders."— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) September 21, 2015
- John Tavares feels the same away about the new third jerseys the way a lot of people do. He also has no idea what a "hipster" is. [Puck Daddy]
- The OHL needs to brace itself for Generals teammates and Islanders picks Michael Dal Colle and Mitchell Vande Sompel. [OHL.com]
- Kyle Palmieri is a Jersey guy playing for Jersey's team. [The Hockey Writers]
- A bunch of pretty good players are on tryouts and not contracts. That's weird. [Nat'l Post]
- The Avalanche's Stadium Series jerseys sure are something. Lotsa White! Big Numbers! Pac-Man! [MHH]
- The ECHL's Brampton Beast will play a game against Team India in a historic cross-cultural moment. [EOTP]
- Paul Bissonnette answers reader questions and ends with a screed against stats for some reason. [Players Tribune]
- Tonight's Penguins-Lightning preseason game is part of a special Slap Shot Night on NBCSN, featuring the movie, the music from the movie and the War Memorial. [Awful Announcing]
- One of the new bosses is checking out the ladies' side of the ice: