Woohoo! Real (fake) games tonight! Feel the exhibition excitement. Allentown is burning!
- Yeah, preseason games start tonight. We talked about some of the early info from camp, including positions and Marek Zidlicky's role on the powerplay, over here yesterday. Arthur Staple talks to the players on the eve of the games.
- Reporters caught up with Joshua Ho-Sang after his dismissal from camp and found a kid taking responsibility [NHL.com] for his actions and accepting the team's decision. [Newsday]
- A former Nassau Coliseum volunteer reminisces about the place he won't forget. [Newsday]
- CBS Sports wonders if the Islanders have enough defense to back up their offense.
- The Post educates the masses on Brooklyn's hockey history.
- Sorry, I missed this before: The Riveters will also play an exhibition game against the WWHA's Minnesota Whitecaps, who feature a host of Canadian Olympians. [Today's Slapshot]
- Good luck with that, Ed. [Newsday]
- Defenseman Oscar Klefbom kashes in with a seven-year contract extension with the Oilers. [C&B]
- Ante up your best poker analogy for the Devils' in-house analytics expert. [NY Times]
- Pro Tip: If you're going to try to blackmail Jaromir Jagr, don't. [Puck Daddy]
- Sad news that former NHLer Todd Ewen has passed away at 49 [OC Register] Police later reported it was a suicide. [TSN]
- Claude Julien is mixing things up for the Bruins this season. With Zak Rinaldo out there, you better try something. [Boston Globe]
- Goddamn, I love P.K. Subban. [EOTP]