- Is Jack Capuano on the hot seat? Depends on if you find the surface of Mercury and volcanic lava "hot." [Zeitgeist Infographic]
- Michael Dal Colle and Ryan Pulock took part in the NHLPA Rookie Showcase, which included running drills, signing stuff and having fun with Upper Deck Hockey Cards.
- Dal Colle also tried...whatever this is supposed to be.
- Two video tributes from the NHL and Islanders paint a wonderful combined picture of the coach. Take eight minutes and watch them. [LHH]
- And now for something a little different: Arbour's long and well-traveled career as seen through hockey cards. [Puck Junk]
- Bill Torrey makes a great appearance on the Marek vs. Wyshynski podcast to talk about Arbour as well as a few other Islanders topics, such as the trade for Dave Keon that never happened. Jeff Marek also blows the lid off of the Islanders' historically heightening hit totals.
- NHLers' offseason training is a complex and crushing process. [National Post]
- The talks between the Kings and free agent-to-be Anze Kopitar are...not going well. [Kings Insider]
- A pair on the on-going Patrick Kane rape allegations from Second City Hockey: "At least 5 Teams" have expressed interest in Kane, per a report. | An open and honest piece on the conflicted feelings about continuing to root for the Blackhawks.
- There will be four new zebras for you to hate this season. [Scouting the Refs]
- Former Leafs CEO Richard Peddie plays "get off my lawn" with loud party-thrower Tyler Seguin. [Puck Daddy]
- Jack Eichel's first roommate with the Sabres will be Matt Moulson. Let's hope Moulson took landlord lessons from John Tavares' time with Doug Weight. [PHT]
- Oh. Whoops. Sorry. I should have mentioned, the John Tavares who's retiring is the legendary lacrosse one, not his hockey-playing nephew. [SI.com] If the headline freaked you out, blame North Dakota Red Eagle.
Don't look now but the ice is down at Barclays Center. Here's the time lapse photography to prove it.
The ice is set. pic.twitter.com/LhXOfhydzt— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) September 1, 2015