- Michael Grabner was traded and five new prospects are inbound for Brooklyn. The aftershocks will be felt until the next huge earth-shattering event and so on. [LHH | The Skinnys on the prospects from PPP | Dom on what you get when you sell low for cap space | Newsday | One of the better breakdowns comes from The Hockey News | Michael Fornabaio on the Sound Tigers implications]
- Hey but at least Steve Bernier is here, right? Yeah, I didn't think so. [LHH]
- Oh, and training camp opened, too. Arthur Staple on questions going in | A Newsday gallery of players doing interviews and signing things | The official site on the first day of school. | John Tavares is done with participation medals [NY Post] | and he's ready to start something good at Barclays. [Daily News]
- Uniwatch's Paul Lukas talks to Point Blank about those black uniforms you already forgot about.
- NetsDaily ponders the Nets-ification of the Islanders new alternates.
- This Daily News editorial on the third jerseys is condescending, cliched, course and crotchety. Normally, I try to avoid posting intentionally bad writing, but I wasn't sure anyone would believe this was real.
- The saga of the season ticket holder vs. the Barclays Center camera placements gets to The Post(apologies for forgetting the commenter who posted the story here, too. Hope the situation gets fixed.)
- No Coliseum, no problem. Tailgate with Isles Blog on October 17th before the Islanders' game against the Sharks.
- Whoops! I forgot something. No one tell Bluechz.
Outside of the Blast Radius
- The Blackhawks decided to have Patrick Kane talk but not talk on the eve of camp. Shockingly, the platitudes about setting the tone for the season and dedication to winning, and the dodging of questions about a certain ongoing rape investigation didn't go over well. [Puck Daddy | Sporting News | SCH]
- Daniel Alfredsson re-joins the Senators... as a senior advisor. Not on the powerplay or anything. [Senators]
- Anaheim's Clayton Stoner shot and decapitated a bear named Cheeky and now he's in trouble with the law. That's a lot more than being cheeky, mate. [Deadspin]
- NHL 16 is good, except when it isnt. [BOC's Rudy Kelly at Game Crate]
- The Jack Johnson bankruptcy case might get even more strange as he is implicated in being in cahoots with his reckless parents. [TSN.ca]
- Dan Carcillo, the man known as CarBomb and #GorillaSalad, retires and pays tribute to Steve Montador. [TPT]