- Kyle Okposo's eye is good to go, but he could be the one going. Man, that's a tortured metaphor. [Newsday]
- Well this certainly doesn't paint a rosy picture of the negotiations between the Islanders and Brock Nelson. His agent says it's been a month and a half since he spoke with Garth Snow. [Newsday| LHH]
- T-Minus 24 hours (give or take) before the new third jersey is unveiled. You have been warned. [LHH]
- John Tavares tells USA Today that the Islanders want to make Barclays an unwelcome place for visitors. He also heaps some high, high, crazy high goddamn praise on Ryan Pulock.
- Point Blank talks to Josh Ho-Sang about camp and the future.
- Wherever they play, the Islanders will have their fans. And that's all the history they need. [Islanders Insight]
- Oh, great. Another loudmouth who says the Islanders will be back in Nassau County in the near future. This one has super powers. [Zeitgeist]
- The NHL will have independent spotters at games determining if players have sustained concussions. There's a lot to unpack here and Frank Seravalli of TSN has it.
- Remember Rangers tough guy Ryan Hollweg? Here he is singing Tom Petty's "Free Fallin." At least this cover artist was honest about it. [Deadspin]
- It's time for the Senators to make some noise in the playoffs. [Silver Seven]
- Don't expect old man Patrick Elias to take over the Devils captaincy. Been there, done that. [Puck Daddy]
- Magnanimous Mike of Blueshirt Banter talks to Riveters forward and big free agent get Janine Weber.