We hope you enjoyed Lighthouse Hockey's Summertime Movie Quote Trivia in our Bits posts. Check back throughout the season for special cameo appearances of more barely relevant dialog from movies you may or may not have ever heard of. We now return to titles comprised of alliteration, cheesy puns and other lazy phrases.
- Okay, who's got the carpool sheet? The Islanders look to set new routines for life in Brooklyn. [Newsday]
- Puck Daddy previews the Islanders season and sees... more or less the same thing as last season.
- Ozzyfan is getting the LHH Fantasy Hockey train rolling again. Whether you did it last year or have never tried, step on up. [FanPost]
- The specter of the Islanders follows Hempstead Supervisor (and prospective Nassau DA) Kate Murray everywhere. [FanShot]
- I can't see any way this goes off the rails:
Questions for Islanders players? Send to #IslesQandA and the players may provide you an answer on MSG and MSG+ telecasts this season #isles— Jim Gallagher (@msgdomer) September 13, 2015
Bunch of other stuff
- PTOs! The Canadiens will bring in Tomas "Flash" Fleishmann to no doubt puzzle everyone [EOTP] | Derek Roy is checking out Washington. [WaPo] | The Blackhawks are going to try out Jan Hejda. [SCH] Oh, and Daniel Paille, too. [SCH] | Meanwhile, Jiri Tlusty is taking his sweet time:
Jiri Tlusty rejected 5 PTO's. He wants a contract or he has options to play in the KHL. #tvasports— Renaud Lavoie (@renlavoietva) September 12, 2015
- Kaspari Kapanen has been a Maple Leaf for five minutes and is already tired of being compared to Phil Kessel. [PPP]
- The Bruins will put their players' development in the hands of former Islander Jay Pandolfo. [Bruins]
- And The Professor is back in San Jose, as the Sharks name Evgeni Nabokov goaltending development coach. [CSN Bay Area]
- Hey, are you gonna be in Rochester on October 10th? Wanna go to a hockey analytics conference? In Lou We (Still) Trust has the details.
- EA Sports apparently didn't ask Michel Therrien if they should include Carey Price and P.K. Subban's coach-banned post-victory low five in NHL 16. Too late now. [EOTP]