- Mathew Barzal is signed, sealed and delivered thanks to a freshly-inked entry level contract. [LHH]
- John Tavares is watching how the Kings and Lightning handle their star UFAs and is taking notes. John Tavares always takes notes. [E$PN IN$IDER$ ONLY]
- A story about Tavares and hot dogs graces Puck Daddy's NHL media event musings.
- Tavares and Tyler Seguin talk to USA Today's Top Shelf podcast.
- Rick DiPietro and Alan Hahn are now daily on ESPN Radio and Rick talks to Neil Best about this whirlwind year and new career path.
- Local boy Michael Dal Colle heads off for the big-ish city hoping to find a place with the big club. [York Region]
- Islanders past and present will take part in a charity golf tournament Monday in Southampton. Hundred bucks say someone slices into the woods. [IPB]
- Islanders organist extraordinaire Paul Cartier talks to the Isles Buzz podcast.
- The Barclays folk have begun Nassau Coliseum's facelift and lots of people want to tell you how great it will be.
- WWOR does a documentary on Howie Rose. It's Mets-focused, but whatever.
- Johnny liked his walkthrough
Johnny Boychuk (@joboych) September 10, 2015
- David Schlemko schleps to New Jersey on a one-way deal. [ILWT]
- Oh shit! ROB SCHREMP HOCKEY is BACK! (on a PTO with the Panthers). [Miami Herald]
- Knew I would forget something: Brad Boyes has signed a PTO with the Leafs. [PPP]
- Puck Daddy asks players who their 3-on-3 OT choices would be using players throughout NHL history. Yeah, I guess Mario Lemieux would be okay at that.
- One chart rolls up the NHL's most effective defensemen for both crease and slot areas. Do not look if you're a Flyers fan. [TSN.ca]
- Sorry but the World Cup will never be the Olympics. [Globe n' Mail]
- The NWHL is providing sticks and equipment for its players, which is kind of a huge step for a start-up league. [Today's Slapshot]
- Unfortunately, Jack Johnson's financial situation gets even sadder for the Blue Jackets defenseman. Being scammed by his parents was just the beginning. [Deadspin]
- What the hell is Anze Kopitar teaching at his hockey camp? Jeet kune do? Looks... intense. [Kings]
- The winners of the annual Traverse City Tournament will take home a new trophy, one renamed in honor of late CapGeek founder Matthew Wuest. [MetroNews]