- Steve Bernier will be at Islanders camp on a PTO. So...what does that mean for Brock Nelson? [LHH]
- Official notes from an informal skate. Calvin deHaan's shoulder feels good after a "freak injury" last season. [Islanders]
- Brooklyn has pro teams now, but only one of them has John Tavares. [Brooklyn Daily Eagle]
- Altar of Bossy returns with some unfamiliar feelings of detachment over the many Islanders changes.
- The Point Blank podcast talks Al Arbour with a pair of special guests including one Robert Thor Nystrom.
- A series of predictions from Islanders Insight for the Islanders and otherwise.
- Michael Dal Colle and Mitchell Vande Sompel are on their way to Brooklyn for camp. [Generals]
- We have a new addition to our shirt store that I think you'll like. Also, two shirts are leaving at the end of the month so if you want one, don't hesitate.
- Shannon Hogan with the Eastern Bloc Bros. Grabbo looks jacked like a brick флігель. Kulemin still looks like Noel Gallagher.
World Cup of Hockey
- This season's preseason isn't just any old preseason. There will be a new World Cup tournament! It's confusing! Dom breaks it all down.
- The general manager of the tournament's Team Europe is none other than Miro Satan, who I guess won't be seen around Islanders camp this year. [NHL.com]
- TSN has some interesting tidbits. And the NHL has a general FAQ, including where to watch.
- Looks like the long-rumored Cody Franson-Buffalo Sabres union is close to being consummated. And for a price guaranteed to piss off every fan of every other team. [Uncle Bob]
- The Coyotes sent once-prized prospect Brandon Gormley to Colorado for Stefan Elliott. [Five for Howling]
- More PTOs! Keith Aulie and Corey Potter in Arizona [FFH] | David Booth in Florida [LBC] | Curtis Glencross in Toronto. Maybe. [Sportsnet]
- Don't look now but the Blue Jackets are on the hook for a lot of payouts this season. Are they spending it on the right guys? [NHL Numbers]
- Becca from Japers Rink ranks the Metro's Top 10 goalies. Hey, the Islanders have one.
- Hockey-Graphs compiled a full list of analytics people for each NHL team. The Islanders' name surprised me, partly because I didn't recognize it and partly because they're so tight-lipped, I'm surprised there was anybody.
- What's the best way for the NWHL to market itself? The Boston Pride may have figured it out. [Today's Slapshot]
- A check of who's coming up on some milestones this season. Jarome Iginla cannot be stopped. [Greatest Hockey Legends]
Rookies (including Dal Colle) guess and dis each other about their ratings in NHL 16. At least none of them are at 38, which was Dennis Vaske's rating in NHL '94.