- Remember that whole Cantiague Park practice facility thing the Islanders were going to have? Well, forget it because Charles Wang bought the bankrupt Twin Rinks and is going to make it the team's practice space and offices instead. [LHH]
- The Ice Girls are officially out at Barclays Center. But Roger Luce and Paul Cartier will very much be in their usual places. [LHH]
- Down for some Islanders road trips? Speak up here and see where the wind takes you. [LHH]
- Who's the Islanders most important player? THE ANSWER MIGHT SURPRISE YOU just kidding it's John Tavares c'mon don' t be silly. [ESPN]
- A well-put together wish list of players who could fill that STUD WINGER position the Islanders are always looking for. [FanPost]
- The coach was laid to rest at his adopted home in Florida yesterday, surrounded by family, friends and former players. WARNING: You will cry reading this Newsday story. There will be another ceremony later on Long Island.
- Podcast: Jiggs McDonald chats with Sportstalk New York about his Hall of Fame friend.
- Down Goes Brown marvels at Arbour's tactics, playoff wins, legacy and glasses.
- Free agent defensemen Jordan Leopold and Keith Ballard are contemplating retirement if they can't find contracts for this season. [The Hockey News]
- Free agent winger Curtis Glencross says hometown discounts are for the birds and he regrets the one he gave the Flames four years ago. Um, please keep Kyle Okposo from reading this thanks. [Russian Machine]
- Meet some NHWL players and coaches at the league's Skates and Plates dinner event on October 1.
- Devious genius David Leggio will be at Winnipeg Jets camp on a PTO. [Buffalo Hockey Beat]
It's officially September. The Islanders' first preseason game is in 21 days. We can make it! (Woof. The effects in this video make it look like there was 900 people in Earth, Wind and Fire. That's a lot of shining stars.)